Saturday, January 10, 2009

Three for 2009

  • This was the first painting I did after my grandson was born in 2005. He was brand new when he met his only living great-grandmother here. She was almost as proud of him as his mom and I were and had dressed up to meet him this day - so dear.
  • No one I know, this writing fellow reminds me of my husband, white shirt and glasses and cigarette and all (he quit years ago, but could start up again in a heartbeat, he's told me). He's a writer, too. And I love that this guy still uses pen and paper.




Emmitt -


This sweet pup lived for many years with a family as devoted to him as he was to them - through injuries, accidents, failing health. One day last fall, he wandered away into the woods on a visit with them to the country and was never found. I suspect he knew his time was nearly up and wanted to save his dear friends the sadness of nursing him in the end, so loathe to let him go. I like this picture of him, fading out - partly somewhere else, where he can run and chase squirrels to his heart's content. If there are no dogs in heaven, I don't want to go there, but I feel certain that the God I know would surely want these family members to be there with Him!

1 comment:

msrevolution said...

i'm counting on there being dogs in heaven too!

you've been busy. i love the new paintings and am impressed at how well you capture people. that's the most challenging kind of painting, i think.

About Me

My photo
I used to be a teacher but now I'm just trying to be a learner of life.